Sunday, February 27, 2011

Been studying composition.

And while I've been doing that I've been reflecting a lot on what makes a successful painting. I've decided that for most of my life I've been so enamored of the works of the masters but completely ignorant of the lessons that are right there in front of me. I can't believe I've gone this long and looked at as many works as I have and not really understood what I was missing until now. It sucks that I'm learning it this late. But I suppose its better than being forever ignorant.
This was more an excersize than anything else. I don't really think its anything that remarkable. But the point is that I have to start somewhere. I just did this to see if I'm truly absorbing the things that I'm reading. it all seems so simple reading it. But its actually putting it into practice that's the really difficult. As Osho said, you can think and think and think all you want about hitting the ball and then get up to bat and freeze.

I don't want to freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment