Friday, February 25, 2011

Sketching.

Its a healthy habit normally. But up until very recently, sketching was really all I did. I never finished pictures beyond the sketching stage. I never created anything final, worthwhile maybe but never polished. Its a deeply rooted trait linked into my personality. I notice in my self the tendency to not want to make a final decision. To keep my options open for as long as possible. To finish a picture is to cement it. To lock its possibilities away. To finish something is to actually make a statement; something I almost never do too loudly. Its the same way with the way I operate in life. Big choices are pained and deliberated on forever until I can reach some kind of inner ultimatum. Is this normal? Or am I strange? Do I sound like an idiot or is there some wisdom in what I'm saying? I don't know.

I can't make up my mind.




No comments:

Post a Comment