Monday, March 7, 2011

The Unsuccessful Portrait.

You know its really disheartening sometimes when you've got an idea and you think its solid. You go through the motions preparing it like you normally would. You start out liking it. But somewhere along the way the whole thing goes terribly wrong and you're left with a mess.

That's what happened with this picture the other day. It actually took a few days to get over it because I was so miffed about it. But ugh, I hate it. I have everything about it and it seemed like such a neat picture in the sketch. But I'm putting this up here as a lesson to myself. Don't go over using things. Less is more. Repeat, Less is MORE. T_____T

Poor Glisius, I'm sorry I butchered you.


This one of Xolasky, done tonight, was a bit more successful. I notice I've been watching myself a bit more and actually fixing things when I see errors. I'm certainly not to the point where I can throw out professional quality work, but I think I'm improving pretty fast.

I hope to continue moving on the path I'm on. That book I got is really helping a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment