Monday, May 9, 2011

This is Significant.

How long I have been putting this off I'd rather not say... but I will confess that it was this very same tendency to put off the arduous process of overcoming my inner performance anxiety that killed the last comic I had great ambitions for: Oriental Misadventures.

But the fact that I say myself down tonight and hammered out even JUST the base sketch of the first page of the actual chapter... that WORKS as a composition... I cannot help but feel at least a little relieved. It seems that what Pressfield was going on about muses is true, for a lot of the stuff in this page came from a place I didn't know existed in me.

Perhaps, as I go on, I'll get better at listening to them.

Right now I'm a bit let down to report how hard this was to do. I kept wanting to put it off and work on something else or stop and watch a movie. But I didn't. I worked for three hours making a grid and sketching this page. Hopefully it gets easier from here on out, because if I want to keep up any kind of schedule I need to work a bit faster... Hooray for me, I beat resistance for once... I'll do it again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment